Japanese Sticky Chicken



It's funny, people assume that because I like to cook that I like to cook ALL the time and that I always cook intricate, time consuming dishes. Not true, there's often times that I find myself eating Trader Joe's frozen meals, grabbing a sandwich to go at the local deli or just nibbling on a salad at home. Othertimes, I'll be at Mr.S.'s and neither of us want to cook anything that requires any sort of time suckage. That's when we make dishes like this one. It's actually a recipe for Japanese chicken wings I came across last winter on Ito Eats but the marinade was so dang good, I've started using it as marinade for chicken breasts as well. I just mix up this marinade, dump it in a Ziploc, plop the chicken breasts in there and throw it in the fridge to marinate. Then all Mr. S. has to do is toss them on the grill...easy-peasy--dinner is served!

Japanese Sticky Chicken  (adapted from Ito Eats)

Ingredients

1 1/2 tbsp mirin (can found at most Asian stores)

4 tbsp sake

2 tbsp brown sugar

4 tbsp soy sauce

1 inch fresh ginger, grated

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 red chili, sliced

2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts


Instructions

1. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, pour into a Ziploc bag. Plunk in chicken breasts. Close.

2. Place in the fridge for at least 3 hours. If you happen to open the fridge, massage the bag once or twice to make sure the marinade gets distributed around the chicken.

3. Take chicken breasts out of the bag and grill.

4. Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions if you wish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment