Morels, a Mood & a Movie



I won't lie, lately I haven't been doing a whole lotta cooking. I mean I haven't been subsisting on Top Ramen and Hot Pockets or anything of that nature, but dinners have just been pretty much the basics. I've been in a cooking funk. However, Wednesday night I did surprise Mr.S. with his favorite...fresh morels. The guy is like a kid at Christmas when it comes to morels. He waits eagerly all year for those mushrooms to come into season. We prepared them simply...just sauteed them up in some butter and served them with a side of eggs. Absolute perfection. Maybe those meaty little fungi will be the culinary jumpstart that I need to head back into the kitchen this weekend. In the meantime, "Jiro Dreams of Sushi" is opening this weekend at the Crest so I think I might try and pop over and check that out. Looks like a good flick.

0 comments:

Post a Comment