Fresh Meyer Lemon Dressing


I'm sure most of us are familiar with Occam's Razor or as it's more affectionately known- the K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple, Stupid) principle. It's basically a line of reasoning that states that the simplest answer is usually correct. Well, sometimes I think that goes for cooking too. With two large Meyer lemon trees laden with fruit in the courtyard of my urban cottage, I'm always looking for new recipes to use the tangy lil suckers up as I can't stand to see them go to waste. Most of the recipes I come across usually involve tangling with a laundry list of ingredients and slaving over an oven. Well, this time I thought I'd go simple...and it turns out it was the best choice. I did a little experimenting and whipped up this delicious zingy Meyer lemon dressing. It's sweet, it's tangy...it elevates your plain everyday salad to a whole new level and uses stuff that you probably already have lolling about in your fridge and cupboards.

Fresh Meyer Lemon Dressing 
(enough for 2 large salads)

Ingredients

5 tablespoons freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice

2 teaspoons prepared Dijon mustard

1.5 teaspoon sea salt (I used Maldon)

4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

1.5 tablespoons finely diced shallot

1.5 teaspoons fresh ground pepper

1 teaspoon honey


Instructions

1. Whisk all ingredients together in a medium-sized mixing bowl.

2. Serve over your favorite salad.

3. You're done! Simple, huh?





0 comments:

Post a Comment