Frozen Lime Pie


As you can probably tell just by scanning the Desserts section in my Recipe Index, I have never been much of a baker or had any sort of sweet tooth.  When I get cravings, I crave salt: salty, crunchy potato chips, nacho's, chicken fingers, hummus and pitas....not sweets.  Desserts just aren't in my repertoire.

But for the last year and a half, we've hosted Community Group in our home every Wednesday.  It's a small group of people from our church to learn with, grow with, and pray for.  It's teaching me a lot about hospitality and opening up my home, like having tea and coffee on the go and a sweet treat to offer up to your guests.  Since I have been working full time, the sweet treats have been harder to come by. 

Then I found this recipe!  Mix it up in 5 minutes and throw it in the freezer.  By the time your guests arrive you can slice it and serve it up.  That's my kind of dessert!

Recipe from Quick Fix Meals
__________________________________________________________________________________


Serves 6 to 8


1 8 oz tub frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed slightly (like Cool Whip)
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1 6 oz prepared graham cracker pie crust

In a medium bowl, combine the whipped topping, condensed milk and lime juice until blended and smooth.  Spoon the mixture into the crust and smooth the surface.  Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.  (You can keep frozen for up to 3 months)

__________________________________________________________________________________

RESULTS?
We LOVED this pie.  Not only was it ridiculously fast and simple to make, it tasted wonderful.  If I had more time, I would have maybe grated some lime zest over the top, or topped each piece with a cute half slice of lime, but I wanted to show you how low maintenance this dessert is.  And I had guests waiting!  Nobody needed fussy finishing touches to enjoy it's deliciousness anyway.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment