Baby Back Ribs with Peach Bourbon Sauce


 
One of the benefits of having friends that love food is that the majority of them are incredible cooks. One of my favorite kitchen dabblers is Undercover Caterer (if you haven't checked out her blog, you should!). Last summer, she brought a plate of her Peach-Bourbon ribs to a get together and the sauce was so mind-blowingly delicious that the whole lot of us were licking our fingers after downing each rib. Unfortunately, it was the tail end of peach season when I got to sink my teeth into those tasty eats and I had to wait patiently for the season to roll back around again. Anyhow, first chance I got this summer, I scurried down to the farmers' market and got me some juicy peaches. I was a bit worried about how this recipe would turn out as I've never cooked ribs before but they came out fall-off-the-bone-tender and the sauce was just as fantabulous as I remembered.

Undercover Caterer's Baby Back Ribs with Peach-Bourbon Sauce

For the ribs:

- Heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Mix 3/4 cup of dry rub with equal amounts of brown sugar.
- Pat your ribs dry, apply rub to all sides of the rack, wrap them tightly in foil and place them on a rack above a baking sheet.
- Roast for 2.5-3 hours, testing for doneness. They should be tender and pull away easily.

For the sauce:

2 T butter
1/2 red onion, about 3/4 cup minced
6 white or yellow peaches- peeled and coarsely chopped
2 T apple cider vinegar
1/3-1/2 cup of dark brown sugar, depending on the sweetness of the fruit
1/3 cup chicken stock (I used veggie stock since that was what I had on hand)
1/2 cup ketchup
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 t Dijon
1 T Sriracha Sambal sauce (the chili-garlic kind with the green screw top lid, not the rooster sauce)
2 T fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup of bourbon

- Melt butter in saucepan and saute onions until soft.
- Add chopped peaches, bring to a simmer and cook about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients except for the lemon juice and simmer another 20 minutes, until it thickens.
- Add lemon juice to taste.
- Using a stick blender, blend until mixture is smooth.
- When the ribs are done, you can glaze them then finish them off on the grill for a smoky flavor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment