Rava Dosa


Rava dosa made into my favorite list the day I ate it opposite my college back in pune. The crispiness of the dosa along with the cashews spread on it made it so much more enjoyable. So when I saw my mom preparing it when I was in India in December and learnt that its so quick and simple, I had been meaning to make it like a long time. Today on Sunday I thought it would be a perfect way to make a tasty brunch that requires minimal efforts.

Rava Dosa
Ingredients
1 Cup Rava
1 Cup Rice Powder
1/4 Cup Maida
1/2 Spoon Jeera
1/4 Spoon Asafoetida
Finely chopped Roasted Cashews
2 Green Chillies
Salt to taste
Ghee

Method
  • Mix rava, rice powder, maida, finely chopped green chillies, jeera, asafoetida with salt.
  • Add in lots of water to make a thin batter.
  • Keep aside for 20 minutes
  • Add in more water so that it is thin consistency
  • Heat tawa on medium flame
  • Grease tawa with Ghee and pour the 1/2 cup batter at a time spreading it over the tawa.
  • Let it cook till the dosa gets light brown color.
  • Sprinkle couple of drops of ghee and flip the dosa and let the other side be cooked
  • Sprinkle some cashews and fold on either side and serve.

Notes
When I tried making it I didnt let the batter sit for those 20 minutes, because of which the batter kept on thickening - blaming it to the Rava. It made first two dosas thick and soggy. So I strongly suggest letting the batter sit for 20-30 minutes.
To spread the batter on the tawa I dropped the batter on tawa from a bit of distance and slowly over areas that didnt have batter, letting it form the mesh and yet avoiding forming layers, hence keeping it thin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment