Pho Bac Hoa Viet



1827 Broadway, Sacramento, CA 95818, (916) 443-7888

Having a day off to sloth & since I was craving a bowl of hot soup due to the rainy weather, I decided to pop into the Pho Bac Hoa Viet on Broadway for a little sumethin' sumethin'. I wasn't sure what to expect as the reviews on Yelp for this establishment veered from one end of the spectrum to the other. Maybe I caught the PBHV on an off day, because I thought the food was pretty good as well as the service.

The gentleman that was manning the front was a bit gruff at first, but he warmed up instantly when I punctuated my order with a "please," a "thank you" and a smile. He even took the time to engage me in some small talk as I kicked it on the bench waiting for my order, which I thought was nice.

I decided to try something different this pho-go-round and requested the #12. Awesome choice! The raw bits of steak were fun to drop in the broth and watch cook and were quite tasty! I actually preferred it over the pho ga that I had been ordering since I recently began partaking in pho. The only thing I would change is maybe that the pho base have more flavor (as in added spices, not spiciness)...it was pretty mild.

The other desk attendant, a young lady, was very friendly and even took the initiative to check on my order even though it had only been placed about 5 minutes before. Bonus points for her.

Waiting for my take-away, gave me a chance to take in the kitschy Asian-tropics surroundings which was... uh, colorful? :) Next time, I'll have to try dining in to get the full Pho Bac Hoa Viet experience.

PBHV made a pretty good first impression on me and hopefully will stay a staple on my list of yummy Sac Asian eateries.

0 comments:

Post a Comment