Creamed Morels on Toasted Brioche



I'm back! Sorry for pulling a Houdini but April was a hectic month - the parental units came for a visit, I had some stuff that needed addressing in my personal life and then total klutz that I am - I fractured my foot. Anyhow when life gets complicated, it's best to let your food be simple and that's exactly what I did. After a particularly rough week, I decided to indulge myself a bit (calories be damned!) and whip up some creamed morels on toasted brioche...mmmm! Afterall, life is short and so is morel season!

Creamed Morels on Toasted Brioche (adapted from Orangette's Creamed Morels on Toast)

Ingredients

1/4 lb. fresh morels

3 T crème fraîche

2 T unsalted butter

Salt


Instructions

1. Slice morels in half and clean gently with a dry pastry or basting brush. (You can give them a quick rinse in some warm salty water but don't soak them.)

2. In a skillet, melt your butter at medium-high heat.

3. Add the morels and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to release some water.

4. Reduce the heat to medium, let the mushrooms reabsorb their juices, and continue cooking until they are nearly dry.

5. Add the crème fraîche, season with salt to taste, and stir over the heat for a minute or two.

6. Slice the brioche and toast it in the broiler. Serve alongside the morels.

0 comments:

Post a Comment