When Life Hands You Lemons...

( print by dazeychic )



Back in April, I moved into the place that I now call home. Next to the multi sky-lighted bungalow in East Sac that I once shared with the ex-husb; this is probably one of my favorite places I’ve ever lived. It’s a cozy, little cottage (yep, a cottage!) that shares a courtyard with seven others like it. Nestled back from the street, it’s easy to overlook unless you pass through the ivy covered front gate. From what I’ve gleaned from local historians, my serene little abode is in an area dubbed “Poverty Ridge" (ironic as there are several mansions in the area) and may have very well been a war bride cottage back in the day. If you look closely, you'll find that there are a few pockets of war bride cottages sprinkled throughout the grid and East Sac. My landlord revamped the cottage I live in by adding modern day amenities like central heat and air and garbage disposals but kept the much-desired “old-world touches” like the gleaming hardwood floors. Anyhow…lucky me, not only do I have a wonderful place to call home, sweet home but I recently discovered two Meyer lemon tree on the far corner of the grounds. So be prepared, you will probably see several posts in the upcoming weeks showcasing this wonderful citrus!


0 comments:

Post a Comment