Happy Woman's Day

Every once in a way we have this conversation - me and my inner voice.
"Describe the woman you are " says the voice.
"Dark skin, black hair, medium height" I said one year
"You are describing your inheritence, not you" and it went away.
"Post graduate, banker and teacher" I started another year
"That's what you do for a living..." the voice trailed and vanished.
"Sensitive,shy and silly" I ventured last year.
"That is your face to the outside world. Who are you?" the irritated voice stomped away in a huff.
This morning it returned full of sarcasm - "Have you figured it out yet?"
"I am the voice of that unseen bird that touches your soul and flies away - a tune that stays in your memory and not a form that stays in your home. I do not want roots but wings so I am neither owned nor own. Like the Earth and Moon and Rain - I just want to be, not belong."
"Go and be that person for one day and then you can go behind the curtains of the dark skinned post graduate teacher. Happy Woman's Day!" said the voice hugging me in total joy!

Discover the woman you are and go and be that person today! Love yourself completely and without guilt and then you will see how much more you can love others.
Happy Women's day to all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment